DescriptionThe Allak uses the same integrated vestibule design as the Staika, as well as a similar 3 pole structure, but it employs ultralight materials for weight savings. The result is a two door, two vestibule tent that weighs just 3.7 kg. The Allak’s three poles cross in three places, so it is sturdy enough for all season use in both exposed and/or above tree line terrain as well as protected conditions. But because of its Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric and 9 mm poles, it is not as stout as its Kerlon 1800 cousin, the Staika. Its exceptionally compact footprint and free standing design are ideal for tough pitching conditions, such as rocky ground and sand, and it is easily light enough for mobile journeys, where you move your camp every day. At the same time, its three pole dome structure is strong enough for some base camp use, where you leave your tent unattended, especially in moderate conditions.
Material / Details
- Material outer tent: Kerlon 1200, 30D Rip-Stop Nylon, 100 % polyamide with triple silicone coating on both sides
- Material inner tent: 30D Rip-Stop Nylon, 100 % polyamide
- Material floor: 70D Nylon, 100 % polyamide with triple polyurethane coating
- Water column outer tent: 5000 mm
- Water column floor: 15,000 mm
- Poles: DAC Featherlite NSL-Poles 9mm, 100 % aluminum
- Pack size: 53 x 19 cm
- Weight (minimal): 3200 g
- Weight (packed): 3700 g
The outer tent’s fabric is crucial to keeping the elements out. Perhaps the most obvious, specific difference lies in the tear strengths of the outer tents. Kerlon 1200 has a minimum tear strength of 12 kg/26.5 lbs. And it has a high UV resistance. The abrasion resistance is high as well. Many of the tent fabrics on the market – including those labeled “expedition grade” – have tear strengths of 2 kg/4.4 lbs to 3 kg/6.6 lbs. Thus, Kerlon 1200 is four to six times stronger than most other tent materials and amazingly light in weight 50g/m².
This item is not currently available in any store.
Click & Collect
Buy online & have it delivered to the branch of your choice.
- Add goods to the shopping cart
- Go to checkout
- Shipping option "deliver to store"
- For payment method "at pickup" or the desired online payment method
- You will be notified by the store as soon as the goods are ready for you
For the time being, this service is available in Bonn, Bremen, Duisburg, Erfurt, Essen, Flensburg, Göttingen, Hamm, Jever, Kiel, Leipzig, Münster, Oldenburg and Wilhelmshaven.
0 out of 5 points based on 0 reviews in total