Trekking pole with extended EVA foam shaft grip intended for winter backcountry skiing or summer treks with heavy loads. Its reliable and stable design assists when wading rivers for additional support. The low weight is priceless on long treks. Sold in pairs.
Sturdy yet lightweight mountain, ski and backpacking pole. Ideal for tough use.
Baskets included: 55 mm summer- , 80 mm allround basket
Sold in pairs
- Adjustable: 95 - 125 cm
- Pack size: 56 cm
- Weight: 185 g (per pole)
- Adjustable: 105 - 140 cm
- Pack size: 61 cm
- Weight: 205 g (per pole)
Opinions differ wen it comes to trekking poles. Some never leave them at home, others won't touch them. However, medical research shows that trekking poles relieve knees, hip and ankles joints, especially when going downhill. Most hiking accidents happen due to slipping on wet surfaces or twisting one's ankle in uneven terrain. Using trekking poles correctly increases your safety and helps you to gain secure positions.
- Poles offer a safety margin when crossing rivers and streams
- You can check the terrain using your poles in snow fields and on glacier trips
- Poles offer targeted support of leg muscles uphill and downhill
- They help keeping your balance in challenging terrain
- Use of trekking poles requires and promotes your coordination skills